Could it be bombazette?

"A sort of thin woolen cloth. It is of various colors, and may be plain or twilled."
-Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.

Kristin Peterson-Ishaq wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">-------- Forwarded Message --------

I found an item in a 19th century Hinesburgh store account book -- bombayette -- and have been unable to find a definition for it. The closest I've come is "bombazine" - silk warp, wool weft, dress material, often used for mourning. I wonder of anyone in the CRV list knows anything about this? Many thanks,

Elise Guyette

Elise A. Guyette
VT Alliance for the Social Studies
Coordinator of Special Projects
Educational Consultant for History & Social Sciences
22 Orchard Road
So. Burlington, VT 05403
802.658.1209 / 802.233.8587
www.vermontsocialstudies.org

"
The complete education gives one not only power of concentration, but worthy objectives upon which to concentrate." Martin Luther King, Jr.

----End of Forwarded Message---

--
Prudence Doherty
Public Services Librarian