Apologies for duplicate messages.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Local Communications Mtg. on 3/12 with Working Link
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:17:09 -0500
From: Lauren-Glenn Davitian <[log in to unmask]>
To: Kristin Peterson-Ishaq <[log in to unmask]>

Please forward this to your networks if you are able, it has a link that works (apologies for filling your email boxes). Thank you! Lauren-Glenn

********************

What can we do to protect the our local communications networks and media production for the people?

Calling Free Speech Supporters and People Concerned about Access to Local Media and Communications

Tell us what you think at the next Future of Local Communications Public Meeting on Thursday March 12th at 6 p.m. (until  8:30 p.m.) here at Channel 17 Studios (294 North Winooski Avenue in Burlington). Register Here:  http://www.cctv.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=115
or call in to the LIVE public meeting on Channel 17 6.30 p.m. (Call in at 802.862.3966).

Please join us to answer these questions:

Does the decline of local media outlets concern you?  Are you frustrated by your monthly telephone and cable bills? Does it worry you that only two companies provide cell phone service in the whole United States? Do your children have access to meaningful tv and internet programs? How can local and community media better serve activists, nonprofits, educators and local government? What are your views on local and public ownership of our local communications system and media network? What else would you like policy makers and decision makers to know?

We want and need your input as we plan for the future communications needs of our region AND identify community needs to inform upcoming public access TV negotiations with Comcast Cable.  Help keep the flow of information free, local and open to the public. Register here to attend the Future of Local Communications Public Meeting on Thursday March 12th, starting at 6 p.m.

Register here!:  http://www.cctv.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=115

(We go LIVE with your calls at 6:30 p.m. on Channel 17!)

For more information contact Lauren-Glenn Davitian, [log in to unmask] or 802.862.1645 x12.

---End of Forwarded Message---