To preface this, I propose that all systems that we use as dedicated
servers be named after bosses in Nintendo games.

In any case, if you've been out of the loop (new stuff below):

1. We now have working:
---1x SPARCstation 20
---2x Sun Ultra 1s
---7x Sun Ultra 5s
---1x Sun Ultra 10
---1x Sun Ultra 60
---10x Sun Blade 100s
---1x SGI Indy
---1x Digital Alphastation 300
We plan on using at least the 64 bit Suns in a cluster (i.e. all of
the sun computers excluding the SPARCstation)

2. We now have working a DHCP Server:
---It is currently set up without an IP range, and using fixed
addresses in a host-specific manner. I plan on assigning fixed and
dynamic addresses in a machine-specific manner using classes for
different address ranges. Servers should be assigned static addresses.

3. We now have working a DNS server:
---Within the room, you can connect to any machine that's on by typing
<hostname>.
---Outside of the room, if you configure your machine to use the
nameserver, you can connect to any computer by typing <hostname.cssa>.

4. The DHCP server updates the DNS server:
---Did I mention that if you connect a machine via DHCP, whether it be
fixed or dynamic address assignment, the DHCP server will update the
DNS server with the hostname's IP address?

5. News to Everyone! We now have a printer server:
---It connects the CSSA Hacker Lab to the two printers in the room
next door as well as the printer in the 246 lab.
---It has a web interface. Via nameserver: http://masterhand.cssa:631.
I also think that masterhand isn't the right computer to host the
print server.
---I have no idea how to get clients to permanently use it. Ubuntu
reverts to the localhost cupsd when you exit the printer configuration
dialog. Showing shared printers works permanently, but to do this, we
must broadcast to the entire 132.198.13.* subnet, and since it's a
shared subnet... don't want to do it if we can avoid it. Also, the
server may be accessed by any computer in the same subnet, which we
might want to change (hosts.deny the not ours range?).
---Almost all desktop linux distros come with cupsd, the printer
server, but generally don't share or allow others to connect by default.

6. Still to Come:
---Ranges of IP addresses assigned for different class-types.
---Central Authentication (OpenLDAP, the hardest to figure out)
---Network File Server for $HOME shares (if we get funding for server)