I would check the root prefix path, or IMAP server directory, whatever
they name it, typically set to
mail/
 -- post OS 10.4, the trailing slash should be left off--mail will do
unpredictable things if that path is not correct.

mail

Carol

Carol Caldwell-Edmonds,
Enterprise Technology Services: Client Services
Manager, UVM Computing Helpline and the Computer Depot Clinic
University of Vermont
avatar by Shannon Edmonds
never take yourself TOO seriously...
artwork by Shannon Edmonds