Yes I will convert her mailbox and see if that does the trick.

Thanks - Geoff

Andrew Hendrickson wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Uh, that's your problem right there.

She's having file locking problems because the smartphone has control of the inbox when Thunderbird is trying to log in and vice versa.

Turn one off when the other is in use.  Plus the smartphone is accessing her account way too often.  19 to 29 minutes are the recommended intervals.

You may get better results if she converts her mailboxes to mbox format.

Apparently Mike Austin has already sent you the information on how to convert?