I'm part-time technology coordinator at Walden School. The principal
(Martha Dubuque) and I are discussing technology directions over the next
years. In particular we are trying to decide if moving towards having
laptops in the mix of the computers used by students is a useful direction
to go, perhaps aiming for a "one laptop per child" model at some point.

It would be helpful to us if we could contact similar Vermont schools who
have moved towards using laptops in the classroom to find out how they
made their decision, and what their experience has been. Are you in a
school, or do you know of a school similar to Walden that has moved in
the direction of using laptops - rural, K-6 or K-8, 100-150 students?

If so, could you send me the name of someone at the school who could
discuss with us how the school went about moving to laptops and what
their experience has been? It might be useful to have both administrative
and technical contacts.

Thanks in advance
Sigurd Andersen