Hi,
  At Mt. Abe I maintain the home page, menu, links, etc.  Some departments
and some individul teachers create their own pages within our site.  Our
school secretary saves the daily notices to a special folder each day to
be included on the home page.     Our Guidance secretary updates the
course selection guide each year and then I link the syllabi from teachers
to the course descriptions.  Other school, research, and community links
are on the lower part of the home page along with our PBIS initiative
called TREAT.
  We have a computer designated to host the website. The orginal site was
created in FrontPage and I took over last year and usually use Dreamweaver
(CS3 version currrently) and HTML code with a javascript menu.  The home
page is still in a table although I am learning more about <div> now that
we have a new text for our Web Design course.  Students in the course
select final projects which sometimes include helping teachers with class
pages.  Most recently students have helped with the art department
(posted) and the tech ed department (revisions haven't been posted yet).
One semester of last year and one semester of this year I have been
provided one class period designated to "Web Master" .
  Also many of our teachers use Edline (web-based) to post information for
students and parents such as student grade reports, course syllabi,
worksheets, assignments, class notes, links to websites and/or downloads,
etc.  Access is protected by user name and password for each student
account.
  It's been a great learning experience and we can easily add current
messages and new links by managing it ourselves.
  The address is www.mtabe.k12.vt.us if you want to take a look.

Teri Fitz-Gerald, Math and Computer Science
Mount Abraham Union High School
7 Airport Drive
Bristol, VT     05443
Phone: (802) 453-2333, ext. 1136