Hi everyone, my name is Grant Harper. I work with Robin Gouin at Lamoille Union. I wanted to add what we do here for our school website with everyone.   www.luhsvt.org

I use Dreamweaver CS3 to work on the Lamoille Union High School and Middle School website. This past fall we updated the High School site and hope to have more done with the Middle School site during the spring.

I have the responsibility of maintaining the site. Each morning I get an email with the daily announcements that I cut and paste on the main page of the site. We use Google Calendars to show events and athletic schedules (the calendar also allows the viewer to get directions with Google maps to the game location). We try to put as much information on the front page as possible without making it look too crowded. We use Google analytics on our pages to review site activity.

Teachers that have wikis or use Global Classroom or any other form of web communication have an area for each department in the academics section. We also provide login on the main page of the site for email and Global Classroom login.

We use survey monkey for several reasons. One is linked to a Suggestion box that provides information for administration. When comments are listed regarding the website, the Principal notifies me with that information. Another survey is used as a student safety tip line for administration.

The High School staff provides homework information to the office and then it is sent to me to post on the Homework Central page. Students and parents can look back in time to see assignments that have been missed or what is now due. This will be changed sometime in the future with the log in ability of our student database system – Powerschool.

Our central office provides Board meeting minutes for me to post in the administrative section.

We get input from our administration, Board, departments, athletics, guidance and the public to help make the site more user friendly and to provide the latest and most useful information for everyone.

I would appreciate your input as well. Positive and Negative.

Thank you for providing some insight to what you are doing as well.

Grant Harper
IT Department
Lamoille Union High School
Lamoille Union Middle School