But Eric,
"media literacy" is not on the NECAP!
excuse the SARCASM..but I'm getting a 'tired'  from the battle that schools not meeting AYP have to fight to get ANYTHING else added to the curriculum

I totally agree with YOU that we MUST teach Media Literacy.  The web is getting more and more commercial and its almost impossible to find any information without having to sort through  real information, "sponsored Links", and advertisement.

Actually... a school  that does a great job with Media Literacy is Waitsfield.

I highly recommend the Media Literacy for Educators  course Kay Marcelle and Rob Williams teach on Media Literacy.  I really enjoyed and learned quite a bit about media literacy curriculum and strategies.
I believe Rob also does work with schools as an "artist in residence" type progam.

Lucie