We are currently testing Read & Write Gold.  We have a network version
that simply runs out of our file storage, no server app needed.  It will
also automatically create user accounts from your directory or you can
export and import user accounts if you want to control who can/ can't
use it.

I, personally, haven't done much to use it so far beyond install and
testing.  However, our users so far love it.  It will also take
dictation like dragon and will record text to mp3 among many other
functions.  The voices are fine, but so far, I haven't seen anything
compare to Apple's new voice in Leopard... which you can use if you run
this on a Mac.... I wish we had more Macs.

Ball Park cost is $4500 per building and that's a full site license
covering every user, every computer.

I don't know the cost of the stand alone copies, but with the importance
of Universal Design in the classroom the site license may be a no
brainer?

So far, we like it.

Mike

Michael Vining, SB Network Services