Re: read & write gold, speech to text?

We are currently testing Read & Write Gold.  We have a network version that simply runs out of our file storage, no server app needed.  It will also automatically create user accounts from your directory or you can export and import user accounts if you want to control who can/ can’t use it.

I, personally, haven’t done much to use it so far beyond install and testing.  However, our users so far love it.  It will also take dictation like dragon and will record text to mp3 among many other functions.  The voices are fine, but so far, I haven’t seen anything compare to Apple’s new voice in Leopard… which you can use if you run this on a Mac…. I wish we had more Macs.

Ball Park cost is $4500 per building and that’s a full site license covering every user, every computer.

I don’t know the cost of the stand alone copies, but with the importance of Universal Design in the classroom the site license may be a no brainer?

So far, we like it.

Mike

[log in to unmask]" alt="batman_yellow_50x50.jpg">

Michael Vining, SB Network Services

South Burlington School District

South Burlington, Vermont 05403

Direct: (802) 652-7298