UVM Tower Logo[log in to unmask]" height="144" width="109">

The University of Vermont

Office of the Vice President for Student and Campus Life

March 24, 2009

TO:             UVM Community

FROM:      Thomas J. Gustafson, Vice President for Student and Campus Life

RE:             William Henry Gates

It is with great sadness that we inform the University community that William (Will) Gates, a third year student, unexpectedly passed away Monday, March 23, 2008.  William was a Molecular Genetics major in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, lived in Burlington, and came to UVM from his home in Skowhegan, Maine.

Our deepest condolence is extended to his family.  William will be missed by his friends, faculty and staff from within the University. Information about memorial services will be forthcoming in the days ahead.

William’s death has undoubtedly impacted the UVM Community in a variety of ways. If you or someone you know is in need of additional support please do not hesitate to contact UVM’s Counseling Center at (802) 656-3340 or Employee Assistance Program at 656-2100.