There was a nice selection of Common Goldeneye and Ring-necked Ducks,  as
well as an assortment of Mallards, American Black Ducks, Hooded  Mergansers, and
Common Mergansers at the Shelburne Town Beach yesterday  afternoon. As I was
counting birds an opossum wandered out of the woods and  quietly moseyed around
the park turning up whatever it is that opossums consume.  This visiting
marsupial seemed to be completely oblivious to my  presence.

Later I met up with Mike Palombo at the Charlotte Town Beach and we  both
picked out a lone Barrow's Goldeneye (male) among the considerable number  of
Common Goldeneye and Bufflehead at the CTB.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington
steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)