Early yesterday morning, I was watching ducks in the mist at Converse
Bay when a small bird flew in front of me. I registered brownish
stripes and a flash of yellow, so my mind immediately thought Pine
Siskin - since I've been seeing scores of them at my feeders for
weeks. But there was something that didn't feel right about that ID.
The bird was flitting around in trees making constant little chips. I
followed it for several minutes but never got a really good look -
just brief views from beneath or the side. But I really think it was
a Yellow-Rumped Warbler.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center