We still have lots of redpolls here at the feeder in Montpelier. A
flock of 200 plus birds just descended on the feeders. There are a few
goldfinches and siskins mixed in along with one Hoary Redpoll.

One question I have about the Hoary is sizing. The one we have seems
distinctly "chubbier" than the other redpolls. I have not seen any
mention of this in any of my bird books and have been wondering if
this is a fluke or if anyone else has noticed this???

Bill St.Cyr
Montpelier, VT

PS
The redpolls are rosier than ever...........