From: Jane Stein <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 8:18 am
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Ring-necked Pheasant Richville Rd Shoreham VT

Don't know about the status, but folks birding in the
Shoreham/Orwell area should be aware that there's a private
game-shooting operation in the valley not far from the town line
called, with no apparent sense of irony, "Peaceable Hill."  They
raise pheasants and release them for paying visitors to shoot.  A
few enterprising birds beat it the heck out of there every year.
  I'm located about halfway between this shooting gallery and the
Richville Road and see both males and females from time to time
on or near my property.

I do not know if I'm seeing the same ones or new ones from year
to year and don't know whether any of them have managed to breed.
   I've not seen or heard young.

They are truly gorgeous birds.

Jane
Shoreham

Peter Manship wrote:

> After having had a beautiful day of birding I was headed home on the
Richville