Early today I went to the area where Julie Waters found the Barrow's
Goldeneye yesterday and sure enough there out on the fare side (VT) of the
river in a raft of 54 Common Goldeneye's was a single Barrow's. I was headed
back to get my camera when something spooked them and the majority took
off and headed south on the river. Looking over the ducks that remained I
found 2 Hooded Mergansers and what I though was 2 Ringed-neck Duck.  But
after looking at the images on the computer they turned out to be Greater
Scaup's, which was a nice surprise find.  Thanks Julie for the heads up.

Good Birding
Peter Manship