The marauding flock of ~275 Bohemians was present in the Bonnyvale Rd
neighborhood through 3/2. Yesterday they, +, relocated me just above the
parking lot at the Brattleboro Country Club as I was setting out to ski. The
flock was at least 350 stong, a conservative estimate. They filled the tops of
3 large oak trees, mostly perching. They also were picking at something in/on
the bark of the trees. Several times ~ 300 birds would flutter down, land in a
group on the surface of the snow, and after few seconds simutaneously blast
back up into the trees. The large concentration of Bohemian colors against
the blue sky during these "blasts" was quite the "WOW" experience.
Dave Johnston