There are some easy ones:

Whip-poor-will - Whip-poor-will

Who Cooks for you, Who cooks for you all - Barred Owl

And then others

Sweet, sweet, sweet, little more sweet - Yellow Warbler

Pleased, Pleased, Pleased to meetch ya! - Chestnut-sided Warbler

Teacher! Teacher! Teacher! Teacher! - Ovenbird

I'm so laaaaaaazzzzzzzyy - Black Throated Blue Warbler

Maids, Maids, Maids, Maids put on your tea-kettle-ettle-ettle - Song Sparrow

Hey Willie! - Black-capped Chickadee (okay, my mother taught me that one)

And lastly some that make no sense, even though thats how I learned it:

Chip rinky dinky - Canada Warbler

Soon they will be back!

Good Birding,

Will Raup

Albany, NY

> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:17:07 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [VTBIRD] Do you have a good mnemonic to share
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> A few weeks ago this exchange took place:( "Who's awake??? Me tooo."
> I think that's the perfect mnemonic for GHO! I hadn't known it till now.
> Thank you so much,)
> I have been thinking about this exchange and the fact that I need all the
> help I can get ID'ing birds by sound and there must be others that would
> benefit from this kind of knowledge. How about sharing other great mnenonic's
> with the list, everyone will learn. If you’re someone that doesn't want to post
> but have a good mnemonic send me an email with it and when I have some I'll
> post them for everyone to see. The rest can post there's to the list for all to
> see and learn from. There has to be many other people that would benefit
> from having a little more birding by ear skills but are afraid to ask, so I am.
> With Spring just around the corner it's a good time to learn some new birding
> skills just before the start of another birding season. Besides what a good way
> to past this last couple of weeks of cabin fever getting excited to go birding
> and try out your new knowledge.
>
> Good Birding
> Peter Manship

Windows Live™: Life without walls.