-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Vegetable and Berry Growers
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jake Guest
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Commercial Ads

 From Jake Guest
    I don't know how other folks feel, but I'm getting a little nervous
about commercial ads on  our list serve. I realize that Harris is a
paying member of VVBGA, and I really appreciate the fact that they are
supportive and come to our meetings and all that, but I think we've got
a precedent going here that I do not feel comfortable with. What I
suspect will happen is that other vendors will recognize this as a great
marketing opportunity,join the organization (if they haven't  already),
and start placing ads. You  can see where this could go. Do we want
this? What do people think? I also realize that by bringing this subject
up, I may have started what could be a longwinded online chatter, which
also seems against the utilitarian spirit of this site. So I'll shut up,
and lets keep it brief.