Let's keep it farmer to farmer.  I agree with Thomas.

Thanks, everyone!
Susan Borg
Weed Farm

On Mar 31, 2009, at 11:28 AM, arethusa collective wrote:

For what it is worth I have to agree with Jake. Farmer to Farmer sales, news, discussion seem most desirable. If I need some thing from Harris Seeds I know how to find them. Like wise for others businesses.

Keep up the good work farmers
Thomas

Arethusa Collective Farm
Thomas Case, F. Benner Dana
PO Box 8082
Burlington, Vermont 05402
802.578.6429
www.arethusacollectivefarm.com

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, Jake Guest <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Jake Guest <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Commercial Ads
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 9:42 AM

From Jake Guest
   I don't know how other folks feel, but I'm getting a little nervous about commercial ads on  our list serve. I realize that Harris is a paying member of VVBGA, and I really appreciate the fact that they are supportive and come to our meetings and all that, but I think we've got a precedent going here that I do not feel comfortable with. What I suspect will happen is that other vendors will recognize this as a great marketing opportunity,join the organization (if they haven't  already), and start placing ads. You  can see where this could go. Do we want this? What do people think? I also realize that by bringing this subject up, I may have started what could be a longwinded online chatter, which also seems against the utilitarian spirit of this site. So I'll shut up, and lets keep it brief.