 Hello, all...

Given the high winds (90 mph gusts common) at our site, we have been using soft climbing ropes over the tops of our inflated greenhouses to hold the plastic on. This results in holes being formed along the ridgepole where the rope saws through. We are thinking of using a woven plastic product called Solaroof 172 (Griffin) as the outer layer that won't allow tears to grow and another thinner Solaroof layer (120?) inside.

My question is: What is the lowest amount of light transmittance that will allow us to grow tomatoes and other in-ground crops in these houses? Reps estimate 80% - 75% with the two rip-stop layers.

Thanks!

Gregg Stevens
Farm Manager
Merck Forest and Farmland Center