Friday, March 6th, 2009:  6:00 A.M. update from Waterbury, VT

New Snow:  0.1 inches (sleet)

Liquid Equivalent:  N.D.

Snow/Water Ratio:  N.D.

Snow Density:  N.D.

Temperature:  33.6 F

Humidity:  69%

Dew Point:  22.4 F

Barometer:  29.56 in. Hg

Wind:  0-5 MPH

Sky:  Sprinkles

Storm snow total:  0.1 inches

Storm liquid equivalent total:  N.D.

Current snow at the stake:  23 inches

Season snowfall total:  170.4 inches

I couldn’t get this out until this evening, but here are some weather observations from this morning in Waterbury.  The forecast suggested that there was the chance for a touch of snow overnight, but at around 5:00 A.M. this morning I awoke to a few ticks of sleet on the window, and no obvious accumulation on the snowboard.  When I went out to check the board at 6:00 A.M., there was a bit more than a tenth of an inch of sleet on it, but the temperature was above freezing and the precipitation had changed over to liquid.  I didn’t get up to the mountain this week, but based on Powderfreak’s pictures from yesterday, it looks like the skiing was decent with the 6 to 8 inches of snow from the Monday-Tuesday event.  I suspect the mountains had spring conditions today with the warm temperatures, although it looks like there could be a little snow tomorrow night.  Now that February is over, I’ve updated my Burlington-Waterbury monthly snowfall chart and added it below.  It is interesting to note that the disparity in snowfall between our house in Waterbury and the NWS office in Burlington seems a little higher than usual; as 87.7 inches in Burlington puts them at only 51.47% of our snowfall (170.4 inches).  Perhaps it is due to some of the big upslope snowfall events we’ve had this season, which usually don’t drop much on Burlington.  Ironically, Burlington is actually ahead of our location in terms of snowfall for March.  It felt like Burlington had received a bit more snow from that event than we had here in Waterbury, and that seems to be the case.

J.Spin

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.