A rockered tip will make a ski feel a little shorter on the hard stuff and
will give you the extra length and float in the soft stuff. I wouldn't want
something too short with a rockered tip but my 188 w105's ski fine on the
hard stuff with plenty of running length even when the tip isn't engaged. I
think the important thing to remember however is that if you want a ski that
will perform on hard pack or groomers we need to have a different ski
discussion. Most powder skis are going to get you over the hardpack or
groomers and are going to be just fine, just don't expect them to perform
like a race ski. Personally I am much more concerned about how a pow ski
peforms in chop than on groomers. You are going to run into chop much more
often than groomers on a powder day (or the groomers will be chop). There is
a huge amount of variation in how various pow skis handle high speeds and
chop.

My guided experience was ski touring in the rolling hills of Idaho (it was a
class, I needed credit) I can't speak to what heli gudes are going to expect
of their clients (who knows if I ever will).

Also are you looking for a one ski quiver or is this going to be a quiver
ski? That also makes a big difference.

Allen

--
As lonely as the mountain can be, lonelier still is the man whose travels
take him away from the mountains.