Poppa Tele, if anyone is in a position to demo some newfangled boards, it's you. Try out some funky shapes from Bluehouse, DPS, Praxis, and the like, and then post up your reviews. Heck, even that German firm has gotten in to the act: http://volkl.com/ski/skis/FR4.php

--Alex

On Tues March 17, Denis wrote:Super wide skis with rockered tips are the rage forpowder skiing right now. I am on a 6-7 yr. old pair of Volkl Explosivsin the CMH edition. They are yellow with "CMH Heli Skiing" on the tailsand a helicopter on the front. In 200+ days of skiing I have beaten allthe camber out and put enough nicks on the topsheets that they are(apparently) not theft bait any longer. As far as I can tell they arejust as good a ski today as when new. After talking to folks who raveabout rockered superfats I decided to look on CMH's site and see whatthey are providing for their clients today. It is the Atomic SugarDaddy, although the ones made for CMH are called Heli Daddy.
http://www.canadianmountainholidays.com/heli-skiing/preparation
Theyhave a 99 mm waist and very similar dimensions to my Explosivs. Thisraises the question, If rockered tips and 120+ waists are so good, whyisn't CMH using them? As for me, why would I bother with a Sugar Daddywhich has very similar characteristics as my Explosiv? IMHO the SD isprobably a lesser ski. How do I know? They don't say Volkl on thetopskins (strong personal bias).