Some people like to get as many turns as they can out of their vert and that's the way they have fun. I just got back from a trip to Idaho and the guides wanted us to spoon short radius turns all over the place, it drove me nuts. Whatever floats your boat works I guess. Progressive shapes do not require that you make super-g turns in fact they can be quite fun making shorter turns. They are however a heck of a lot of fun to open it up on.

Allen