On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Scott Danis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The snow was hardening on the upper sections which made for some fast
> skiing.  Shady spots were still glazed.  I stopped several times to take in the
> views expecting to see EO skinning up around the corner.  That was not to
> be.  Before long, I was in the softer section of the lower woods finding that it
> skied great.  It took some mud skipping to make it all the way down the road.

Yeah, I guess we never crossed paths. The mud was absolutely wild
however. I was fishtailing, bottoming out, nearly careening off into
the ravine, and nearly crashing into another vehicle all in the span
of 10 seconds. It was thrilling to know that my dinky Corolla with
studded snows was able to rally through it, especially with plenty of
others getting stuck. My car is now wearing its mud splashes proudly
from head to toe (er, wheel).

Evan