Part of the phun in the past has been sort of the last minute spontaneity (sp?) of putting it together.  The anticipation over the season and then the disappointment that it seems like it ain't gonna' happen and then - BOOM - it gets put together a handful of days prior and the scene reaches its climax with a toast and group hug at The MATTERHORN.  It's magic!

Isn't Rich Ramsden putting this one together this year?

Mark P. Renson

From: Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:09:04 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] A glimmer of hope

Mig wrote:

> >12:06 AM Tuesday March 31. It is 34 degrees and snowing at 1100 feet
> >above sea level in Starksboro, VT. And sticking. I can now go finally
> >and happily to sleep.
>
>So the Partee is on for the weekend?
>
>There are people across the nation waiting for an announcement from the
>Supreme Plaidster...

Here's a shocking thought - since some people need to make plans
reasonably far in advance, why not do the partee planning process in
January or February instead of a handful of days prior?

[Disclaimer: I've never been to a partee and I certainly won't be
traveling 2400 miles to attend one.]

-m1, dweller in a barren brown desert living in suburban hell.