Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in doing this!  I need to know by May 7 at the latest.
Brianna

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:49:40 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Move In Volunteers
To: [log in to unmask]

April 16, 2009 Dear Student
Org Leaders, It is always difficult to think
about the fall with spring just barely here, but it must be done. I would like
to invite your organization to be part of the Move-In 2009 Welcome Crew. Last year over 300 Greek and
student organization members helped welcome our new students and families to
campus by hefting boxes up a few flights of stairs, saying hello, answering
questions, and directing a car here and there.  As we plan for Opening 2009 we are once again seeking the
involvement of our campus Greek and SGA student organization community.  The Great UVM Move-In for new
students is Friday, August 28 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  The principal role you will play as a
member of the UVM Welcome Crew can be either a "welcomer " or a
"mover". The "mover" role is a bit more athletic and will
require one to assist with whatever size boxes you feel able to handle. The
"welcomer" role does not require one to lift or move anything, but to
welcome students and parents to campus (near the residence halls or in the
parking areas) and help make them feel part of our community. We are asking
student volunteers to sign-up for a 4-hour
shift from 9 AM to 1 PM.  This
year you can wear, in addition to your really cool Move-In t-shirt, some
chapter or organization indicia that identifies your UVM group.  This could include a baseball hat, sun
visor, pin, etc.   We want you
to be noticed as an involved student!! We are planning information
sessions the week prior to the Move-In and will be in touch via email over the
summer.   T-shirts and snacks
will be provided on the 28th.
And we will once again creating special t-shirts of Greek volunteers, so
receiving your volunteer numbers is critical to our summer t-shirt order.  Please fill out the attached
response sheet, and I hope to see you on the 28th. Thanks!   Pat BrownDirector of Student Life and
the Davis Center        2009UVM Welcome Crew

SGA Student Organizaation Volunteer Request My student organization
is interested in volunteering for the August 28 Move-In and being a member of
the 2009 UVM Welcome Crew!  Please
return this form by May 8 to Pat Brown
in Student Life, Davis Center. Student Org
__________________________ Summer Contact Name
____________________ Contact Email
__________________________ Summer Telephone
________________________ Mover (how many) _________ Welcomer (how many) ________

Total Number of Volunteers
_______--------------------------------T-Shirt Size and Numbers XXL ____                                   XL ____ L ____                                   M ____              S_____ Please check all
desired locations – if left blank then we will place you with the greatest need
– we might also assign you based on our resource needs Main _____   East _____    Redstone _____  Trinity _______  PS – We will need a
list (with each student’s 99#) by mid-summer of any of your members who will
need to move into their residential hall room on Thursday, August 27 to help
with Move-In.

Windows Live™: Life without walls.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1b_explore_042009