Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in doing this!  I need to know by May 7 at the latest.
Brianna

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:49:40 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Move In Volunteers
To: [log in to unmask]

April 16, 2009

Dear Student Org Leaders,

It is always difficult to think about the fall with spring just barely here, but it must be done. I would like to invite your organization to be part of the Move-In 2009 Welcome Crew.

Last year over 300 Greek and student organization members helped welcome our new students and families to campus by hefting boxes up a few flights of stairs, saying hello, answering questions, and directing a car here and there.  As we plan for Opening 2009 we are once again seeking the involvement of our campus Greek and SGA student organization community.

The Great UVM Move-In for new students is Friday, August 28 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  The principal role you will play as a member of the UVM Welcome Crew can be either a "welcomer " or a "mover". The "mover" role is a bit more athletic and will require one to assist with whatever size boxes you feel able to handle. The "welcomer" role does not require one to lift or move anything, but to welcome students and parents to campus (near the residence halls or in the parking areas) and help make them feel part of our community. We are asking student volunteers to sign-up for a 4-hour shift from 9 AM to 1 PM.  This year you can wear, in addition to your really cool Move-In t-shirt, some chapter or organization indicia that identifies your UVM group.  This could include a baseball hat, sun visor, pin, etc.   We want you to be noticed as an involved student!!

We are planning information sessions the week prior to the Move-In and will be in touch via email over the summer.   T-shirts and snacks will be provided on the 28th.  And we will once again creating special t-shirts of Greek volunteers, so receiving your volunteer numbers is critical to our summer t-shirt order.

Please fill out the attached response sheet, and I hope to see you on the 28th.

Thanks!

Pat Brown

Director of Student Life and the Davis Center

2009

UVM Welcome Crew

SGA Student Organizaation Volunteer Request

My student organization is interested in volunteering for the August 28 Move-In and being a member of the 2009 UVM Welcome Crew!  Please return this form by May 8 to Pat Brown in Student Life, Davis Center.

Student Org __________________________

Summer Contact Name ____________________

Contact Email __________________________

Summer Telephone ________________________

Mover (how many) _________

Welcomer (how many) ________

Total Number of Volunteers  _______

T-Shirt Size and Numbers

XXL ____                                   XL ____

Please check all desired locations – if left blank then we will place you with the greatest need – we might also assign you based on our resource needs

Main _____   East _____    Redstone _____  Trinity _______

PS – We will need a list (with each student’s 99#) by mid-summer of any of your members who will need to move into their residential hall room on Thursday, August 27 to help with Move-In.

Windows Live™: Life without walls. Check it out.