Bryan:
	The configuration is standard G4 iBook with 1GB ram, 1.33GHz PPC, 40G
HD. These were new in the summer of 06 with a 4 year warranty. The
service is amazingly fast with a 48-72 hour turn around. Batteries and
keyboards are included in the coverage. Schools get to purchase these
at the close of the lease. Many schools have done so and have pushed
the program down to 4,5 and 6th grades as classroom mobile cart
resources.
	Over the summer, the MLTI program upgraded the OS to 10.5, and
updated iLife 08 and iWork 08. Besides StudyWiz for all 7+8th graders,
Noteshare, Finale NotePad 2008, FinalePA,MyWorld GIS 4.1, ClamXav and
World Book are included. Schools add their own site licensed software
and any freeware lke SketchUp, Freemind.
	The hearings in Augusta yesterday afternoon were mostly positive, and
it would appear that the program has a good chance of migrating to
9-12 over the summer with MacBooks plus new software, but we'll have
to see.

-Brad

On Apr 16, 2009, at 12:02 AM, SCHOOL-IT automatic digest system wrote:

> From: Bryan Schofield <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: April 15, 2009 1:10:01 PM EDT
> Subject: Re: 1 to 1 info
>

> Hey by any chance to you have the spec on the current Maine Lap's
> i.e. G4 i-book 10. ? how much RAM? etc
> On Apr 10, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Brad Edwards wrote:
>
>> Check out what may be happening in Maine as the MLTI laptop program
>> gears up to expand to high schools:
>>
>> http://maineschoolwikis.wikispaces.com/Laptop+Expansion+Questions
>>

>> Brad Edwards, Technology Integrationist
>> LearningWIthTechnology.org