-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sigurd Andersen
Sent: April 07, 2009 9:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Setting up a web site using Word Press (not only for blogging)

I recently asked my son a question about how to do something on the web, he
answered a much more general question, about a framework for a new web site.
He suggested I try Word Press, public domain blogging software, as the
framework for a new web site. He suggested that the blog portions don't even
need to be used, but that the rest of the framework provides a structure for
all sorts of possible add-ons.
I've been using bluehost (at his suggestion) for web hosting. All I had to
do was click a few buttons, and a previously web-page-less domain name was
up and running.
Amazingly easy.
My bare-bones site - nothing but scaffolding yet - is at systalk.org

The administration stuff I've played with so far has been intuitive, easy to
use.
"Highly Recommended"
Sigurd