  _____

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hall
Sent: April 09, 2009 8:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NAS

We have been using the FreeNAS OS in a couple of old desktop boxes with
great success: small HD (2GB?) for OS, three big drives for storage. I
believe it will do RAID, although we don't use it - just a lot of redundancy
in backups. Our backups are scheduled from each data source and it is pretty
much "hands off" once it is set up. And cheap!

Eric