Hey BJ -

My heart goes out to you; hope you're able to get everything cleaned
up.  We're running Trend Officescan here as well, and so far (knock on
wood) I haven't seen it.  Have you had a chance to invoke Trend's
"outbreak control"?

Keep us posted on your progress,

ES

Eric I Snay
Technology Coordinator
Fair Haven Union High School
Fair Haven VT  05743
t: 802.265.4966  f: 802.265.3602

>>> On 4/24/2009 at 4:05 PM, Bjorn Behrendt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
It seems to proprogate itself any means possible, I am guessing the
network in my case.  Probably started from an infected usb key or email.

I have Trend Microsystems which was up to date on most computers, but
it didn't seem to help much beond reporting.   I also ran the network
checks before March 31 and my network came back clear.

I first noticed it when my main domain server was so taxed it stopped
doing anything.  This server is also my AV server so I am guessing that
once it sent out it's latest update, all 200 of the computers connected
to it reported back saying exsessive vireses detected.

I had to go old school to get rid of it.   I dissconected all my
switches and have been one by one checking and patching the computers
with a usb disk (using kk.exe and the 3 ms patches).   I created a blog
post on http://www.askbj.net with links to the utilities I have been
using.

Bjorn Behrendt
Proctor School District