Thanks -

I forgot about FreeNAS - seems like an easy enough way to recycle some of the older hardware. I remember watching a YOUtube video about that ..

Bill

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hall
Sent: April 09, 2009 8:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NAS

We have been using the FreeNAS OS in a couple of old desktop boxes with great success: small HD (2GB?) for OS, three big drives for storage. I believe it will do RAID, although we don’t use it – just a lot of redundancy in backups. Our backups are scheduled from each data source and it is pretty much “hands off” once it is set up. And cheap!

Eric