I'm curious to see what people think of 8 and how/if they plan to upgrade; or put another way, what is the protocol, planning that goes into upgrading browsers in general?

In my experience a lot of the schools we're working with are using IE.  A lot of the support issues I deal with on a daily basis are specifically attributed to IE6 issues (which causes a lot of web page rendering issues with Moodle).

If people are interested, this is the basic breakdown of usage on our Moodle site:

Internet Explorer

60.99%
Firefox

26.18%
Safari

11.31%
Chrome

1.23%

A further breakdown of IE gives us
1.
7.0

83.06%
2.
6.0

15.27%
3.
8.0

1.64%

It's great to see 7.0 has the majority as it generally causes less issues (but sometimes I can't even get it to load a web page when i first start it.)