Last year we bid to Gateway, Dell and GovConnection.  Obviously, we won't be going to Gateway this year but we would like 3 vendors so it will probably be Dell and 2 others which we haven't decided yet.

We just got a price on a Dell E6500 with 2 GB ram, dual core for $ 996.  The desktop price for 26 Optiplex 760s. 2gb of ram, 256 MB video card, 20" wide screen LCD monitor etc was $ 816

Last year Dell got the bid and we have been pretty happy with their delivery and support.  Our rep is Jeff Wells [log in to unmask]

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Head Network Administrator
CCSU
Office 802-857-7000
Ext. 1039
Cell 802-318-0976
Fax 802-879-8197

>>> "Isham, David" <[log in to unmask]> 04/16/2009 8:48 AM >>>
Sherman Network Solutions 20 kimball ave s. burl is assembling MSI
laptops. They have one with full keyboard {10 key too} quad-core, 3GbRAM
for $1300. I have not tried it.
We get PC towers from them.

David Isham
Network Administrator