Sometimes comparing apples and oranges. Office based sonographers with
a vascular surgeon will probably command a higher salary because of
the 'added' value of reliable and accurate studies with which we base
clinical decision making. Even higher on the value added scale is
someone that can do a detailed reflux venous study in a vein practice.
Translates into more $. Even higher yet are sonographers that can
effectively do ultrasound guided vein interventions reliably. That is
a significant value added and is rewarded with increased income.
Higher skills , higher pay.
Seems like the American way. Makes sense to me!
John