From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doug
Marcum
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New Mexico Bill signed by governor Richardson

No malice intended,  maybe because I reside and "practice" In Florida
I consistently see this happening. If any of you recall the Primetime
Live special back in 1998 (the one with Frank West) in it ... I still
have it on VHS..... the labs and scanografers that were highlighted
were ALL in Florida, albeit south Florida , but nevertheless we have
quite the reputation of being the incompetency hotbed!  again, I come
in peace but maintain position :)

Doug Marcum RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS)
Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
P: 321.231.2191
F: 407-971-4775
www.advancedusconsultants.com
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2009, at 3:22 PM, "Jack I. Siegel"
 > wrote:

> Doug,
>
> OUCH, but well played...we were all obilgated to take the exams to
> prove our competency... regardless of our test taking ability.
>
> sorry Terry...
>
> J2
>

> Jack I.  Siegel, BA RVT
> Technical  Director
> Vascular Surgery
> Dartmouth  Hitchcock Medical Center,  NH
> Veterans Administration Medical  Center,   VT
> 603-650-8145
> 603-650-4737
>

> --- You wrote:
> Terry,
>

> You hit a nerve with me on that one.  It may come across as
> insensitive but I say NO.  why should they?  What kind of excuse is
> " I'm a bad test taker".  Do I want that sonographer scanning me or
> my loved one in a stressful situation? decision making under stress
> is what we all have to do while scanning. I offer no apologies for
> that position.  You either know the material inside and out or not.
> With that mind set,  why not let MDs practice without a license if
> they are bad test takers.
>

> Doug Marcum RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS)
> Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
> P: 321.231.2191
> F: 407-971-4775
> www.advancedusconsultants.com
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Apr 7, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Terry Zwakenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> --- Start of quoted text:
> The SDMS newsletter in march states that there are only 350
> credentialed sonographers in New Mexico.  If you don't grandfather
> some in who is going to be doing the ultrasounds.  Also I am sure
> you know some people who are great at sonography but suck at test
> taking should we cast them out?  Take away their livelyhood?  again
> there is lots to be defined.
>

> ...TJ
>

> To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.
>

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Doug Marcum
> > wrote:
> Ok... So to stoke the proverbial fires,  how does the "concensus" on
> flo-net feel about grandfathering in NON-credentialed individuals.
> To me, why have licensure if (dare I open the can of worms) entry-
> level competency was never obtained by passing a governing board
> exam. I say, require a credential before offering licensure.

> Doug Marcum RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS)
> Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
> P: 321.231.2191
> F: 407-971-4775
> www.advancedusconsultants.com
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Apr 7, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Terry Zwakenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> --- Start of quoted text (2):
> it is still being defined but it looks like all current credentials,
> ARDMS, CCI, ARRT will be recognized and just a fee will be
> required.  the big question in my mind is how they will grandfather
> in the noncredentialed individuals.  When we went through this
> [...]

NOTE: This electronic message and attachment(s), if any, contains information which is intended solely for the designated recipient(s). Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the contents of this message or attachment(s), in whole or in part, is prohibited without the express authorization of the author of this message.