Is this maybe one of the features causing it to be so very slow? (Anyone
else having this ongoing slowness?)

Lucy Wrightington, Senior Librarian
Dickerman Library
Wadsworth Center, N.Y. State Dept. of Health
Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201

phone: (518) 474-6168
fax:        (518) 474-3933

             "Tylman, Vislava"
             Sent by: Medical                                           To
             Libraries                 [log in to unmask]
             Discussion List                                            cc
             M.EDU>                                                Subject
                                       Stupid Ovid tips & advertising--
                                       can you make it go away?
             04/02/2009 04:42
             PM

             Please respond to
             "Tylman, Vislava"

I think that we all, if we are going to MLA this year should express our
opinion about the box and whatever we don't like in the "enhanced
OvidSP". I don't think it will help, but why we should accept without
protest?
I did it last year, also asking if Ovid is planning to include
advertising in these boxes and the answer from a "top level" woman was
"yes, for all these great enhancements we made in Ovid software, we need
to recover our expenses..." maybe not exactly the words, but this was
the answer.
It looks like the only help we can get will be another Mark Nelson and a
good competition...check Elsevier, they are coming with a new database
combining Medline and EMBASE.

Vislava

Vislava Tylman, MLS, AHIP
Goldblatt Medical Library