Colleagues,

As you are probably aware, researcher Scott Reuben, MD is accused of
falsifying 21 research studies involving a drug cocktail for
postoperative pain.

Because Reuben gave a CME lecture at our facility, I became concerned
and checked our policies to ensure that his work was not included in
anything having to do with patient care.

This led me to consider how article retractions are managed by other
medical libraries.

If you have policies and procedures around handling article retractions,
please share & I will summarize for the list.

TIA--

Donna Beales, MLIS

Lowell General Hospital

Health Science Library

295 Varnum Ave.

Lowell, MA 01854

Email: dbeales AT lowellgeneral.org

www.lowellgeneral.org/library <http://www.lowellgeneral.org/library>

Tel. 978-937-6247

Fax 978-937-6855

This message and any included attachments are intended only for the use
of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure under applicable law.  Any review, disclosure, transmission,
dissemination, copying or other use of this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the related message.  Thank you.