Julie,Do you have a Library Policy Manual?  and does it say anything about this?  Mine does, and it clearly gives ME discretion about what amount of article requests is "reasonable."  It also says that RUSH service is limited to urgent patient care -- period.
I've also found that 99% of the physicians don't know that ILL is not free; sometimes educating them helps.

J. Bruman, Library Manager
Natividad Medical Center
P.O. Box 81611, Salinas CA 93912-1611
831-755-4316
831-758-3082 fax

> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:27:08 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Help - ILL excess
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Julie,
> I see nothing wrong with your response so far and I think it would be a
> great idea to give the nurse information on a commercial document
> delivery service. This physician needs to be educated and there is no
> time like the present. I'm sure your administrators would agree. One
> thing I have learned in my many years here is that I can usually say no
> if I have to and can offer an alternative.
>
> On another note......How dare he! He wasn't even brave enough to ask for
> them himself! He bullied a poor nurse into it!
>
> Lou
> Lou Miller, Medical Librarian
> Riverside Healthcare System
> 350 N. Wall Street
> Kankakee, Illinois 60901
> 815/937-7966

Rediscover HotmailŪ: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry