For photo info, check out <http://www.wheelsandwax.com/v4/2008/10/a-beginners-guide-to-submitting-photos-to-action-sports-magazines/
 > and <http://www.wheelsandwax.com/v4/2008/10/photo-submission-guidelines-with-colin-adair/
 >.    Wheelsandwax.com has a traditionally had a pretty nmad good
forum for action photo-related stuff, both photo-related and business-
related.

As far as written material, check the small print in the masthead for
info.  I've seen "Contact .... for submission guidelines" in at least
a few of them.

I don't know much about internships.

--
Kevin Broderick