Thanks Carol for the feedback. I did evaluate Camtasia and found it more complex to use than Instant Demo and more loaded than we need. Instant Demo meets your suggestions for "excellent tutorials, an intuitive interface, and works for all the types of computers on which you need to record".
Janet

From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Caldwell-Edmonds
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Instant Demo

Dear Janet,

I have not used Instant Demo, but the Helpline staff has tried quite a few screen recording and video editing products. Up until now, we have used freeware--Jing, Bulent, Cam Studio, a few others. Then Phil in ETS did a little research on products for ETS. We liked Camtasia enough to purchase that one. It does more than screen recording. It is a video editing system. I would look for something that has excellent tutorials, an intuitive interface, and works for all the types of computers on which you need to record.

Carol
Carol Caldwell-Edmonds,
Enterprise Technology Services: Client Services
Manager, UVM Computing Helpline and the Computer Depot Clinic
University of Vermont
avatar by Shannon Edmonds
never take yourself TOO seriously...
artwork by Shannon Edmonds

Arnold, Janet A wrote:
[log in to unmask] type="cite">

Hi - I'm considering ordering screen recording software. I've used trials of several different products and like Instant Demo the best. Has anyone used this? Can you share pros? Cons?

Thanks,
Janet Arnold
Psychiatry