Hi Lisa & others---
In looking ahead to use the projector with Smartboards, look for a
projector with a 1024 x 768 NATIVE (not just capable) resolution as it
should be better for the details of text displayed on the boards.   Also
lumens of over 2600, 3000 suggested, helps to see the display without
having to turn the lights off.  We've had success with NEC  brand this
year and we ordered via AVPartners  with Angela Cain as the very friendly
& helpful rep (I'll copy her contact info below).  We have been most
pleased with the wall mounted short throw projectors that we ordered with
the Smartboards.  They are more expensive upfront, but we didn't have to
deal with the ceiling installations which required hiring an electrician,
properly fire-coded wiring, etc. which was going to add an estimated
amount of $300-$400 per projector with mounts & wiring & time.  Stop in to
see the set-ups if you want.

[ http://www.avpartner.com/ ]http://www.avpartner.com/
Angela Cain
Sales Support
3170 Reps Miller Road
Suite 190
Norcross, GA 30071
Direct: 678.966.5512
Toll Free: 800.619.1730 ext. 60119
Fax: 678.966.5547
[ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]
[ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]

Teri

Teri Fitz-Gerald, Math and Computer Science
Mount Abraham Union High School
220 Airport Drive
Bristol, VT     05443
Phone: (802) 453-2333, ext. 1136