One of the features of Zenworks (a Novell Product) is that we create
student profiles on the fly and they are deleted when the student logs
out.  This works great in the labs and minimizes the number of profiles.
 There are times when it doesn't work but then we either fun delprof or
reimage to clear them out.

Teacher profiles do remain on the computers but in the case of labs,
teachers don't often log into those computers anyway.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Head Network Administrator
CCSU
Office 802-857-7000
Ext. 1039
Cell 802-318-0976
Fax 802-879-8197

>>> Bob Wickberg <[log in to unmask]> 05/06/2009 8:20 AM >>>
There's a microsoft utility, delprof, that deletes entire profiles,
which
would include temp internet files.   There's a command line switch
that
allows you to delete only profiles not used in x days.  I have a
script
set up to run whenever the library PCs are shut down, that deletes all
profiles not used in 30 days.  That way, if a student accidentally
leaves
an important file in the my docs folder, they can go back and get it,
for
a while.  But unused profiles are regularly deleted.  Running it at
shutdown assures that it will generally only run when no one cares how
long it takes to run.  It can take quite a while if there are lots of
profiles to clean up.

Obviously you don't want to take this approach on machines that kids
are
supposed to be saving files on, but I assume this would only be
servers.

Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator
802-451-3418