Hmm, I was so focused on finding a utlity or script to do this like nesh
wlan on Vista, that I didn't even consider creating a GPO for this.
Computer Configuration > Security > Wireless Network Policies > Create New
XP Wireless network policy.

Let's give this a try......

Melissa Hayden-Raley writes:
>Hi All,
>We have 6 or so wireless access points at each building, each with a
>different SSID.  After you "reseal" XP, it forgets the list of approved
>wireless access points that it can connect to, and I have to manually
>reconnect it to an AP before it will automatically reconnect again.  I
>would love, love, love to script this so that I can just run one batch
>file or vbs file and it will 'approve' the list of 6 APs without me
>having to walk within the range of each one and connect to it.  (Not that
>I do that now, but I have to teach almost every laptop user how to
>connect, sometimes repeatedly.  They never read the documentation I give
>them.)
>
>We're going to a unified wireless network with only one SSID in the
>future, but for the time being I would be thrilled if I could script it
>and take away one more little headache.
>
>I've spent a shameful amount of time on Google today trying to solve
>this, but I haven't found anything that will quite do it.  In Vista (I
>finally found something good about it) I just have to use the command:
>netsh wlan connect=WAP-SSID
>but XP doesn't have an equivalent in its version of netsh.  I can use the
>Wireless Network Setup Wizard in XP to create a USB thumb drive that has
>SetupSNK.exe on it, which I can modify the XML file to customize it to a
>WAP.  However...
>a) can only have one WAP per XML file, one XML file per USB key
>b) only works when you "autorun" the USB drive when you insert it, which
>doesn't happen reliably (and probably for good reason)
>c) can't just create separate folders and double-click on the setupsnk on
>each one
>d) setupsnk doesn't appear to have any commandline options to script with
>
>So .. maybe this can't be done.  But if someone out there has figured it
>out, I'm all ears!!  (Or eyes as the case may be.)

Melissa Hayden-Raley
IT Technician
Milton Town School District
Need computer help? http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org