We’ve been using Hitachi projectors for a number of years.  The current model we buy is the CP-X306 for “regular” projector installs (a little under $800).  I also have purchased some Hitachi projectors that allow over-the-network projection, such as the CP-X308, which made a ceiling-mounted installation a little easier for our needs – but they were $200+ more than the non-networked model.

Troxell Communications has been our vendor of choice for larger projector purchases.  We’ve tried Tiger for a few quotes for different types of equipment but they never won our business.

-Jeff Arey, Director of Technology, Washington Central SU

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa Brande
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Projector purchase

Hi All,

I am looking to buy around 6-10 projectors and am wondering if anyone has a recommendation.  These will be used in classrooms, so lighting is a bit of an issue.  We are hoping to get a couple of Smartboards soon, so I'd hope the projectors I buy would be up to snuff for that application.  I usually use Tiger for purchases like this but if someone can recommend a different vendor I'm open to that.  We haven't had our current projectors long enough for me to have a brand preference or determine the life expectancy of the ones we do have; hopefully someone on this list has.

Thanks.

Lisa Brande

ANESU Tech Support

Bristol Elementary School -M,T,W,TH - 802-453-3227