Hi Lisa & others---
In looking ahead to use the projector with Smartboards, look for a projector with a 1024 x 768 NATIVE (not just capable) resolution as it should be better for the details of text displayed on the boards.   Also lumens of over 2600, 3000 suggested, helps to see the display without having to turn the lights off.  We've had success with NEC  brand this year and we ordered via AVPartners  with Angela Cain as the very friendly & helpful rep (I'll copy her contact info below).  We have been most pleased with the wall mounted short throw projectors that we ordered with the Smartboards.  They are more expensive upfront, but we didn't have to deal with the ceiling installations which required hiring an electrician, properly fire-coded wiring, etc. which was going to add an estimated amount of $300-$400 per projector with mounts & wiring & time.  Stop in to see the set-ups if you want.

http://www.avpartner.com/
Angela Cain
Sales Support
3170 Reps Miller Road
Suite 190
Norcross, GA 30071
Direct: 678.966.5512
Toll Free: 800.619.1730 ext. 60119
Fax: 678.966.5547

Teri

Teri Fitz-Gerald, Math and Computer Science
Mount Abraham Union High School
220 Airport Drive
Bristol, VT     05443
Phone: (802) 453-2333, ext. 1136
Fax:  (802) 453-4359
Email: [log in to unmask]

Hi All,
I am looking to buy around 6-10 projectors and am wondering if anyone has a recommendation.  These will be used in classrooms, so lighting is a bit of an issue.  We are hoping to get a couple of Smartboards soon, so I'd hope the projectors I buy would be up to snuff for that application.  I usually use Tiger for purchases like this but if someone can recommend a different vendor I'm open to that.  We haven't had our current projectors long enough for me to have a brand preference or determine the life expectancy of the ones we do have; hopefully someone on this list has.

Thanks.