Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Briere
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Imaging Netbooks - Booting ISO from USB

Craig,

What are you loading on the netbooks for an OS? I am wondering if anyone
has tried the Ubuntu Netbook Remix:
http://www.canonical.com/projects/ubuntu/unr.
Reviews: http://www.tuxradar.com/content/ubuntu-netbook-remix-904-hands
http://dev.squarecows.com/2009/04/28/ubuntu-9-04-netbook-remix-review/.

Susan

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Craig Lyndes @ wcvt.com
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Folks,

I'm working on our first set of netbooks.  One of the obstacles I needed
to overcome is being able to image the netbooks, without a CD.

I found the following open source utility that takes an ISO cd image
file
and creates a bootable USB from it.  Works really well with PING (Linux
OS
on the ISO), the program runs on Windows.

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Craig Lyndes
FCSU